Narcissurfing

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A while ago, I was trying to google a link for the word chicken mami which was used in one of my posts. I typed "chicken mami" and I wasn't really contented with the results. So I narrowed down the key phrase to "chicken mami definition". It was surprising to see that one of the results was my blog itself, which actually placed fifth!

Call it an achievement eh?

I'm imagining that since I'm posting another "chicken mami definition" here (this one being the third), perhaps I'd place second or first the next time I google the word.

Though I surmise that this is not how it really works. Being a novice blogger I still have a lot to learn.

Like for instance, not looking doltish for prattling on about being fifth in the chicken-mami-definition search.

Seriously, what I'm trying to say is that there is in fact a word for this - narcissurfing. It's all just about googling yourself, which means including a part of yourself, i.e. your blog.

0 comments: