Novena to the Holy Spirit

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Here is a novena I prayed back in the secondary level when I was hoping to get accepted in a university that I liked. I completely forgot about it afterwards. It was only recently that I found it again by chance in a newspaper classified section after about seven years. It said that the novena should be published once a prayer is answered. I never thought that I could get the chance to publish it since I was thinking then of the newspaper method. But here, I'm glad that there's the orange button.

Holy Spirit, you who make me see everything,
and who show me the way to reach my ideals,
you who give me the divine gift to forgive,
and to forget the wrong that is done to me,
and who are, in all instances of my life, with me,
I, in this short dialogue, want to thank you for everything,
and confirm once more that I never want to be separated from you,
no matter how great the material desires may be.
I want to be with you and my loved ones
in your perpetual glory.
Amen.

1 comments:

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I used to pray this too. It's been a long time since I saw a copy of it. It brought back memories, both good and not so good. As a friend of mine used to say, "Faith can move mountains".