100 Days

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

“I write down everything I want to remember.
That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote down,
I spend the time looking for the paper I wrote it down on.”
- Beryl Pfizer



Today marks the hundredth day of my blogging. What could be the significant changes? Did blogging make me a better person? Or have I helped change the world?

I can say that blogging has been an enriching experience. If there is one thing that I learned in the blogosphere, it would be about engagement. Writing an entry has always been about engaging the readers. It is not about simply expressing plain narcissistic idiosyncrasies though I must admit that there are gifted bloggers who can do this. They can write about what bothers them or about their obsessions and readers love them anyway. This may be because they write with the reader in mind. The goal therefore of blogging is always to converse with the readers. And even if you don't have any readers, write anyway or pretend like you have one. Because firstly, that entry will undeniably be read someday somehow. Secondly, because blogging is not just about conversing but about coming up with something brighter as well. There is joy in the event of a challenge because you are driven to be at your best.

As with the technical changes, the blog template has been altered about three times. The layout was arranged on several occasions. About the posts, I've made about 50 already which means that I usually post once in two days. Then about the visitors, sitemeter tracked about 1,150 of them. And let's just speculate that 300 of them would be me since I set my blog as my browser homepage. So instead of yahoo mail, or google search, or the apple homepage, I frequently see my blog everytime I surf. Which finally leads us to the great thing about blogging - the technorati ranking. As of this moment, my blog currently looks like this:

Out of the million blogs, it's already something to be ranked as one of the first two or three hundred thousand blogs. Anyway, as an additional, here is an interesting report of google analytics on the traffic of my blog. It only started April since it was only at that time that I was able to install the tool.
Furthermore, in terms of achieving something in that span of hundred days, a sponsor has already asked me to write some reviews about some stuffs though I didn't have the time yet to do it. Also, I'm quite flattered and honored to be included in the top ten emerging influential blogs of the shaman. As to the feat of changing the world, I think that it's important that I know first what the world needs. And blogging is one way of doing it.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that a lot could happen in those hundred days of blogging. My advice: if you don't have a blog yet, start one.

9 comments:

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Congratulations bro on your 100th day anniversary! Pasikat ka naman! Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

Eehui said...

congrats!! i like what u said - thinking of someone might be reading yr post =p i started as a private blog and was very reluctant to share my blog, but gradually changed till today where i would love to have more readers =D anyway, of millions of blog out there, i wonder would there be one day no one bother to read my blog anymore =p

Anonymous said...

Happy 1ooth days :)

Novice Blogger said...

anitokid: salamat. naiintindihan ko na ata kung ano ibig sabihin ng ituloyangsulong sa mga links-links.

lasilasi: thanks. the world is full of readers, im sure someone will always read your blog. i will every now and then. :)

melai: salamat. galing ng blog mo, one of the top 20k!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Guess what! I’m nearing my 1st-year anniversary as a blogger and it’s time for some serious fun! Join the “AnitoKid Anniversary Review“ - the grand prize is US$100. Rules are at http://anitokid.blogspot.com/2007/06/win-100-in-anitokid-anniversary-review.html. Stick with me at www.anitokid.blogspot.com. And I kid you not!

wj said...

hey novice blogger - first of all Congrats on achieving 100 days of successful blogging..:) you are right, someone somewhere will read what we post.. I started just a few weeks ago! and I am already loving it! Second, thanks for stopping by and signing up with viralink.. :) I like your blog - tc and kit..

Novice Blogger said...

anitokid: yeah! this one is nice!

pearl: thanks for the add. i'll be anticipating for your post on your hundredth day.

Anonymous said...

Congratz. What about a list of your best post? You can use my simple tool to generate an Html table from your Google Analytics stats.
Check it on my blog homepage and tell me if you need something on it (like td classes/ids)

Novice Blogger said...

maurizio: thanks for the advice. will be checking your tool.