A Game of Tag and Why I Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

If I tell you that I'm disregarding this game of tag because I don't care about my Technorati ranking, that would be a lie my friend. Because even the world of blogging is governed by the economic concept of selfish interest. As Adam Smith put in his Wealth of Nations, "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest." This game of tag is a classic example of people benefiting because of the want of others to be benefited.

So here's how the tagging game is played.

First, link back to the person who tagged you. Say for instance, "My friend the AnitoKid tagged me!" Then proceed by linking as well the person who tagged the person who tagged you. "My friend AnitoKid was tagged by Blog to Profit."

Secondly, to make life exciting and because people are always almost interested in the philosophical why, list five reasons as to why you blog. Take the following examples.

1. I blog because I want to learn what the world needs. This way, I would eventually know what I would give to it.
2. I blog because I want you to listen to what I have to say. It may be what you are looking for. If not, find another blogger. There are millions of us out there.
3. I blog to pursue happiness or joy. How? Thru these equations or simple syllogism:

tags = higher blog authority,
higher blog authority = higher technorati ranking,
higher technorati ranking = ego boosted

4. I blog to know people and build relationships before I need one. As Susan Roane says, "It's not what you know or who you know, but who knows you."
5. Finally, borrowing from the book Timepiece, I blog to escape the certainty of oblivion...that some unborn generation may know I, or even we, once loved, hated, worried, and laughed.

Then last step, tag another five bloggers then comment on their posts to let them know you tagged them.

* I think this is my first post with a rhyming title.

2 comments:

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Simply put, I love the way you collect your thoughts and put them down into words;words into sentences; and sentences into one complete blogpost. Bravo!

Novice Blogger said...

merci anitokid!